Saturday, March 27, 2010

Old School in Chicago

I just moved to the Lakeview/Lincoln Park area of Chicago and went to Mario's Place Barber Shop on Saturday, which is obviously their busiest day. Mario welcomed me as a new customer despite the fact that he was booked solid. I was offered a doughnut and a Pabst Blue Ribbon beer while I waited (now that is impressive) and was given a great haircut with the always-enjoyable straight razor neck shave. I am now a customer until my travels take me elsewhere. Thank you for a great experience, Mario. I know many of you like stylists but I am a barber man for life thanks to my late uncle, Dave Anderson, proprietor of the former Irwin, PA staple Guyon & Anderson barber shop.

1 comment:

Stiff Competition said...

PBR for breakfast is strong indeed!