Saturday, April 03, 2010

Great first week in Chitown

Well, I've been here two weeks but it was a great first work week. I spent Monday at the massive Hoffman Estates compound, which is where Sears Holdings is now headquartered. The people were great and the facility is impressive. That said, I'll be spending over 90+% of my time at the downtown office located on State Street. The flagship Sears store is right across the street so it makes it convenient for anything I might need. We broke a record for temperature on Thursday at 83 degrees! That was awesome and people were really enjoying it. The commute to work is easy. Walk a block to a covered bus stop. Ride about a mile and a half to the subway and then get dropped off a block away from my office. It only takes 35 minutes and beats traffic, parking, gas and tolls that's for sure. Biskit is adjusting well and loves it when the windows are open as many dogs live in the neighborhood. The town is abuzz as baseball season nears. I hate the Cubs but at least I'll get to see my Buccos a bunch here in the Windy City. I'm sure they will lose every game but I'll still be there as often as I can. The neighborhood (as seen in the picture) is great and I love the fact that I can walk to just about anything. That's about it for now. Happy Easter to all!

2 comments:

Signor said...

Sorry to bother you but I saw this article in the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06179/701647-63.stm) and was wondering if you were still involved in the sale of these shirts? I'd love to be able to get one.

Kraig said...

Hello Signor. Unfortunately, we lost our Web site and it appears our Cafe Press store has expired as we never cashed a check and did it all for profit, selling over 1,500 shirts. Thank you for your interest and stay irate!