Saturday, April 10, 2010

Beautiful Day in Chicago

It's about time. We had flurries the other day and the heat was on last night. Now, it's 74 and the windows are open. As you can see, Biskit is a huge fan of this as people are constantly walking by with dogs, kids etc. and she just loves seeing it all. Was pleasantly surprised at the local grocery store to find Heinz dill relish. I'm sure most of you couldn't give a shit about this but I love pickles and Heinz are my favorite. I was able to get them in Columbus but not in Charlotte or Florida. So, the relish is better than nothing plus my parents can bring me some or I can scoop some up when I visit them as the drive home now is very much shorter and a mid-summer trip will be made by myself and said dog. On a lighter note, my very good friend Harry has a great blog that he writes often and he rates different restaurants that he visits. Why bring it up? He hates pickles and has an interesting story as to why. For a good read, visit the Stiff Competition blog. I had no intention of going out today but I have wanted to see what this dogs in bars thing is all about so what the heck, Biskit and I are gonna roll up to Durkin's Tavern for a few cold beers. I hope everyone has a great weekend and we'll be a bloggin' soon. Next topic may include the lack of good wings joints here in Chicago. Kickass pizza and Italian beef but lousy wings so far. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Stiff Competition said...

Dude, thanks for the plug. I thought of you today when I went to a new burger joint and part of their decor included Heinz Ketchup signs. However, they didn't serve Heinz Ketchup. Had to call foul on them for that.