Sunday, March 16, 2014

Remembering My Friend - Three Years Later

Kraig Koelsch
March is one of my favorite times of year, truly. I'm a huge college basketball fan, spring training is well under way and the NHL is making its late push towards postseason positioning. But more importantly, it's also a time of year that, however, makes me stop and remember a great man who was taken from us way too soon. That would be my dear friend, Harry Nelson Stiff.

I can't believe it has been three years already. The world lost a great man, a fantastic husband/father, a loving son/brother/family member and a special friend on March 17, 2011. Thus the St. Patrick's Day holiday will always hold special meaning in my heart and it's certainly not because of a leprechaun or the color green.

Kraig KoelschI wrote a blog that I'm very proud of when Harry passed and for those who haven't seen it, I would love for you to read it. You can find the blog post here: World of KK: Farewell to My Good Friend.

I only knew Harry for a few years but our bond was formed almost instantly and I truly think about him all the time, wondering what he would think about crazy news stories, gimmicky marketing campaigns, foodie-type stuff and of course, sports!

I'm extremely proud of Julynn and Kennedy for the adversity they've faced and the way they've dealt with it. I love them both dearly and am so glad our friendship has stayed strong.

So to Harry, I say, keep getting after it upstairs my friend. I know you're looking down on all of us and making heaven a better place each and every day. We all miss you, no doubt about it. But the impression you made on all of us will last our lifetime. I promise you that! Oh yeah, who do you got in fantasy NASCAR this week?

Kraig Koelsch

2 comments:

TampaBayBuckeye said...

Top notch KK!

Kraig said...

Thank you, Robert. Appreciate it.