Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Biskie ...

Kraig KoelschI wasn't sure how this day would hit me and to be honest, it snuck up on me at the end. I awoke today as I do any other day, planning what's to come, thinking about specific items I need to handle and just reflecting on life in general, certainly happy to see another day. And then it hit me...

Today is May 11 and my baby girl Biskit Koelsch would have been 8 years old today. I find it hard to fathom that it's been over 7 months since she left me so unexpectedly in early November of last year.

That won't change the years we had together though and I thank God that I was so blessed to have had such a wonderful dog to call my own. But Biskit wasn't just a dog as anyone that ever met her knew oh so well and I am so very thankful for that.

Kraig KoelschI could write novels about how much I miss her and how much she changed my life and you all know that well. But Biskit would want me to keep on living and I promised her I would and would do so in a much more healthy manner (more big news there this week!).

So there will be no special strip steak or dog ice cream today for my sweet girl but there will be fond memories in my heart and the best thing about that is I get to cherish and have those memories each and every day and what more could I ask for?

Happy birthday Biskit, I love you lots and thank you for being such a positive influence in my life (and a good dogiss!).

-Daddy

p.s. I wrote a tribute to Biskit when she passed away that I'd love you to read, if you already haven't or would just like to see again. You can find it here:

An Open Letter to My Sweet Baby Girl

2 comments:

Mrs. V said...

I love how you love her kraig. You both were so lucky to have each other.

Kraig said...

Thanks so much for reading and for the kind words, Mrs. V. I love her with all my heart.