Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Remembering Biskit, Refreshing KK and What Comes Next

KOELSCH-918758Today marks the one year anniversary of the day I made the painful but necessary decision to say goodbye to my baby girl Biskit. It’s been a tough year I won’t lie to you. I have been through a heck of a lot since my return to Florida and I’m still figuring some things out on a few fronts.
But you know what? I’m still fighting and I kept my promise to Biskit. I have not had a shot of liquor in over a year (October 24). I’m very proud of that!
I reached a high point of 58 pounds lost (officially) and a little over 60 pounds on my own scale in a diet and I’m still going. I’ve gained a few back but I have given myself a new lifestyle, not just a diet. I thank my company Highwinds for providing the wonderful benefit of Nuviva Medical Weight Loss.

I did it for me but I also had the motivation of seeing a healthy living creature succumb to death in just a few days, and knowing how bad I let myself go, that scared me, still does. A few have said this and I fully agree: Biskit saved me. Say what you want but I believed this to be true before anyone even hinted at as much. I love you Biskit! 

So today I remember a sweet little pug that so many of you loved and I thank all of you who helped me along the way in the past year on many different fronts.  

There are way too many people to thank individually but I would like to name just a few: My mom and dad, my brother Khris, my sister-in-law Jessica, two of my best friends George Vuckovich and Charlie Desch, my friends Barry Whitley and Damita Loy and my boss and friend Jay Moore. Each of you (and as I said many others) stepped up numerous times when I needed you most and never stopped caring. I am eternally grateful.

I often told Biskit that she would someday have someone to play with and I regret not being able to give her that. I have been contemplating this for months now and have been back and forth on different scenarios. In the end, I wanted Biskit to know that on October 15, I agreed to adopt one of her cousins (born October 12) from her ‘mommy’ in Dunnellon, FL where I got her from. So this message of thanks and remembrance has a happy ending and she’ll join me in Maitland, FL the weekend of December 12-14, a fitting Christmas gift to myself.

So without further ado, I would officially like to introduce all of you to Hannah! 

And I know many will ask so let me answer, why Hannah? Well, I just kept coming back to it, I like it and it's a palindrome (look it up if you don't know what it means)! How cool is that?

4 comments:

TampaBayBuckeye said...

That's awesome KK!
I am proud of your steadfast commitment.
I can't wait to meet Sweet Little Hannah!

Congrats Bro!

Thesis writing service said...

I am so sorry about Biskit.But you are too awesome KK!

Kraig said...

Thank you very much @Thesis writing service

summaorublogger said...

Robux is a virtual currency in the Roblox game. get free robux