Saturday, June 18, 2011

Nationwide for Harry Rolling 5 at Michigan



Team Nationwide for Harry returns to the track this weekend at the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips 400 in Brooklyn, Michigan. Better news is, we're rolling five!

Here is who I took, why I took them and how they qualified:

16 -- Greg Biffle -- $34K -- The Biff is my man and Michigan has been good to him. Biffle has 10 top 10 finishes in 16 career starts at Brooklyn.
24 -- Jeff Gordon -- $34K -- I cannot drop the no. 24 after last week's win, the fact that he is only $34K and the fact that he has 18 top five finishes in 36 career starts at MIS.
46 -- JJ Yeley -- $5K -- Harry liked JJ and so do I, plus, he's affordable and almost a lock to qualify via speed. Note: Yeley is in.
48 -- Jimmie Johnson -- $42K -- JJ has never won here but is usually right at the top. I think he might get his first victory on Sunday.
99 -- Carl Edwards -- $44K -- I can't stand the prick but he's finished in the top 10 in 11 of his 13 career starts at MIS. Plus, he's on fire and due to bounce back strong after a rough ride last week.

Thus, I left $1K on the table. Qualifying results are as follows:

7 -- no. 16 Greg Biffle
21 -- no. 48 Jimmie Johnson
23 -- no. 99 Carl Edwards
31 -- no. 24 Jeff Gordon
34 -- no. 46 JJ Yeley

Note:
This post will be updated with post-race results.

Post-race results:

A lineup I really liked turned in a below average day as team Nationwide for Harry had an off week, falling one spot to 16th overall on the year.

Here is how we finished:

no. 99 -- Carl Edwards -- 5th
no. 16 -- Greg Biffle -- 15th
no. 24 -- Jeff Gordon -- 17th
no. 48 -- Jimmie Johnson -- 27th
no. 46 -- JJ Yeley -- 39th

We'll be back in action next Sunday in Sonoma at the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Infineon Raceway.

No comments: