Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fun Times Up North (in a foot of snow)



I am in Toronto for work and had the privilege of attending a charity event at the NHL Hall of Fame. The Executive Chairman of JumpTV leads the charge for Merrygoround.

It's a great organization that helps children obtain computers and e-buddies courtesy of volunteer Toronto police officers.

Many former players attended with notables Steve Thomas, Wendel Clark and Hall of Fame defenseman Paul Coffey.

I had the privilege to meet Paul and he had nothing but good things to say about Pittsburgh and its people. He was very friendly and extremely approachable. I truly felt like a kid as I enjoyed watching him play so much, especially while he was with the Penguins.

On a side note, I asked him if he agreed that Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are polar opposites.

He responded, "I hate it there." Atta boy Paul!

No comments: